Benefits Of Nuts & Seeds
Nuts and seeds have been apart of the human diet since the biblical times. Nuts like, almonds and pistachios & seeds such as chia and flax are most popular, but the fact is each nut & seed brings it's own benefits to the table.
- Nuts and seeds are good sources of protein, healthy fats, fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- Chia seeds contain respectable amounts of calcium and other minerals important for bone health, as well as several antioxidants.
- Almonds are high in monounsaturated fats, which may explain their association with lower LDL cholesterol levels and reduced heart disease risk.
- Pistachios enhance the feeling of "fullness" and satisfaction while reducing caloric intake.
- Sunflower seeds are rich in the powerful antioxidant pair, vitamin E and selenium. They're noteworthy for their phytosterol, protein and fiber content.
- Walnuts have the highest antioxidant content of all the tree nuts. This makes them the best nuts for anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Most nuts & seeds contain healthful mono and polyunsaturated fat. These fats help manage inflammation and maintain the normal structure of every cell in the body.
- Walnuts and flax seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acid that helps fight against heart disease.
- Adding nuts and seeds to your everyday diet will help nourish red blood cells, maintain brain function and promote a healthy digestive system.
Nutrient Contents of Nuts & Seeds
Almonds: Excellent source of manganese, magnesium, and vitamin E. Good source of riboflavin, copper, phosphorus and fiber.
Cashew Nuts: Excellent source of copper, manganese and magnesium. Good source of phosphorus, vitamin K, zinc and iron.
Peanuts: Excellent source of manganese. Good source of niacin, folate, copper, magnesium, vitamin E, phosphorus, thiamin and fiber.
Pecans: Excellent source of manganese. Good source of copper, thiamin, and fiber.
Pistachio Nuts: Excellent source of vitamin B6, Good source of copper, manganese, phosphorus, thiamin and fiber
Walnuts: Excellent source of manganese and copper. Good source of magnesium and phosphorus.
Chia Seeds: Excellent source of fiber, manganese and phosphorus. Good source of calcium.
Flaxseeds (ground): Excellent source of manganese, thiamin, magnesium and fiber. Good source of phosphorus, copper and selenium.
Hemp Seeds: Excellent source of vitamin E, magnesium, zinc and manganese. Good source of iron.
Sunflower Seeds: Excellent source of vitamin E, thiamin, manganese, copper, magnesium and selenium. Good source of vitamin B6, phosphorus, folate, niacin, and fiber.
Pumpkin Seeds: Excellent source of iron, manganese, magnesium, and phosphorus. Good source of copper, zinc and vitamin K.