Benefits Of Nuts & Seeds
Health Benefits of Nuts & Seeds
We've listed some awesome nutrition facts about nuts and seed that you may have known. These small yet powerful foods offer so many health benefits that are essential to our everyday lives. Here's a few!
- Nuts and seeds are good sources of protein, healthy fats, fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- Chia seeds contain respectable amounts of calcium and other minerals important for bone health, as well as several antioxidants.
- Almonds are high in monounsaturated fats, which may explain their association with lower LDL cholesterol levels and reduced heart disease risk.
- Pistachios enhance the feeling of "fullness" and satisfaction while reducing caloric intake.
- Sunflower seeds are rich in the powerful antioxidant pair, vitamin E and selenium. They're noteworthy for their phytosterol, protein and fiber content.
- Walnuts have the highest antioxidant content of all the tree nuts. This makes them the best nuts for anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Most nuts & seeds contain healthful mono and polyunsaturated fat. These fats help manage inflammation and maintain the normal structure of every cell in the body.
- Walnuts and flax seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acid that helps fight against heart disease.
- Adding nuts and seeds to your everyday diet will help nourish red blood cells, maintain brain function and promote a healthy digestive system.
Nutrient Contents of Nuts & Seeds
Almonds: Excellent source of manganese, magnesium, and vitamin E. Good source of riboflavin, copper, phosphorus and fiber.
Peanuts: Excellent source of manganese. Good source of niacin, folate, copper, magnesium, vitamin E, phosphorus, thiamin and fiber.
Pecans: Excellent source of manganese. Good source of copper, thiamin, and fiber.
Pistachio Nuts: Excellent source of vitamin B6, Good source of copper, manganese, phosphorus, thiamin and fiber
Walnuts: Excellent source of manganese and copper. Good source of magnesium and phosphorus.
Chia Seeds: Excellent source of fiber, manganese and phosphorus. Good source of calcium.
Flaxseeds (ground): Excellent source of manganese, thiamin, magnesium and fiber. Good source of phosphorus, copper and selenium.
Hemp Seeds: Excellent source of vitamin E, magnesium, zinc and manganese. Good source of iron.
Sunflower Seeds: Excellent source of vitamin E, thiamin, manganese, copper, magnesium and selenium. Good source of vitamin B6, phosphorus, folate, niacin, and fiber.
Pumpkin Seeds: Excellent source of iron, manganese, magnesium, and phosphorus. Good source of copper, zinc and vitamin K.